Pink Pure Silk Saree With Kalighat Artwork
About the artwork(Kalighat paintings of West Bengal)
Kalighat painting originated in the 19th century Bengal, in the vicinity of Kalighat Kali Temple,Kolkata, India, and from being items of souvenir taken by the visitors to the Kali temple, the paintings over a period of time developed as a distinct school of Indian painting. From the depiction of Hindu gods, god, and other mythological characters, the Kalighat paintings developed to reflect a variety of themes.
• Length of the saree is 5.5 meters with a breadth of 1.01 meter.
• Complimentary custom fits pure silk blouse with the saree.
• Made of pure hand-loom tussar silk.
• 96 man hours have been put to completely hand paint the saree.
• Painted using organic fabric colors.
• Wash and care - Dry clean after every 2nd use.